It's that time again my fellow bookworms :) ...
& with that being said, this means more free time, more relaxation, more warm weather, more outdoor activities, and more READING!
I've compiled the below list, in no particular order, as a recommendation for you all to dive into some awesome reads during Summer '17. I'm sure you guys will find a few interesting books that you haven't read yet. Some quick and easy reads, and of course some that will take you a little longer to get through but I promise you they're all captivating.
So, here goes:
1. Soundless Cries Don't Lead to Healing by Valencia D. Clay
2. The Wedding by Dorothy West
3. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
4. Broken Keys Don't Unlock Doors: Urban Education from the Voices of the Youth by Southwest Baltimore Charter & Valencia D. Clay
5. The Changeling by Victor Lavalle
6. Women Who Run With Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes
7. on self love: the remembering by J Chavae
8. He Never Came Home by Regina R. Robertson
9. my mother was a freedom fighter by aja monet
10. How The Hell Did You Do That?! by Octavia Yearwood
11. Bed-Stuy is Burning: A Novel by Brian Platzer
12. Black Privilege: Opportunity Comes to Those Who Create It by Charlamagne The God
13. Tell My Horse: Voodoo and Life in Haiti and Jamaica by Zora Neale Hurston
14. Sula by Toni Morrison
15. Swing Time by Zadie Smith
16. Negroland by Margo Jefferson
17. The Blood of Emmett Till by Timothy B. Tyson
18. BlackAss by A. Igoni Barrett
19. Prose & Cons by Reyna Noriega
20. Paper Wings by April Green