Happy #WeeklyBookworm Wednesday :)
Today's feature is one of our favorites, Travel Blogger...Shea Powell!
Most of you may know her as @theworldupcloser on Instagram or from her website www.theworldupcloser.com.
Shea travels across the global leaving and breathing her passion daily; traveling and learning different languages.
We caught up with her to find out what some of her favorite reads were and how reading impacts her travel.
Check out her responses below:
Shea, do you have a favorite author?:
Yes. It is a hard choice, but I will go with Kahlil Gibran. I absolutely love his writing style. I feel revitalized, peaceful, and powerful every time I read something he wrote. The way he captures your imagination is soothing but very profound at the same times.
What are some of your favorite books?:
- The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran* (this is the one that I can read over and over again)
- The Portrait of A Lady by Henry James
- The World According to Garp by John Irving
- Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- The Odyssey by Homer
Shea, what is the impact that these books have had on you? How have they shaped/molded you into the woman that you are today?:
I could go on and on about this. With regards to the books listed above and generally speaking if it wasn't for reading:
- I wouldn’t know English and couple other languages
- I would be a lot less creative and have a lot less space of mind for imagination
- I wouldn't have gained the knowledge and life wisdom I have now
What would be the title of your first book & Why?:
Life is about change. I travel and write for a a living so if I was suppose to write my first book... I would write how much travelling has changed my life; hence The Change.
Why are books important to you?:
It is food for the mind, you just can't beat that.
Get to know more about Shea by visiting her website, linked above. You can be her personal travel buddy :)