This week's #WeeklyBookworm is the phenomenal Maeva Jackson!!!
If you are not familiar with her name, get familiar. She is the owner of Black World Books. It is currently an online bookstore that will open it's first store in Texas this month. Lets get to know Maeva a little better:
Maeva, who is your favorite author?:
There are so many...lol If I had to pick one it would be Dr. Juwanza Kunjufu. He provides some the the most clearly communicated information on the issues plaguing the African American community and our youth with multitudinous solutions.
What's your Top 5?
- The Isis Papers:The Keys to the Colors by Dr. Frances Cress Welsing
- Autobiography of Malcolm X by Alex Haley & Malcolm X
- From Babylon to Timbuktu by Rudolph R. Windsor
- Developing Positive Self Images and Discipline in Black Children by Dr. Juwanza Kunjufu
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
Which one of the above would you read over and over again?
The Autobiography of Malcolm X.
What would the title of your first book be?
My first book would be titled "When I rocked the Boat of Thought" because my slogan is we rock the boat of thought. The book would be about my journey to self discovery and the liberation of my people through my work.
To check out more from Maeva and Black World Books please visit her website: www.blackworldbooks.com